This programme was initiated by Hilde Van Gelder (KU Leuven) and Bart Verschaffel (Ghent University), members of the Class of the Arts. It is a discursive project, reflecting on the exhibition ‘Metapictures’ (Beijing 2018), curated by Thinker-in-residence W.J.T. Mitchell. The second part of the programma will consist of roundtable discussions and a final symposium on the topic of ‘Image Science’ (publication by Mitchell).
This programme would have taken place March-May 2020. Due to the international COVID-19 crisis, all meetings and activities have been cancelled.
More information coming soon.
CANCELLED: Metapictures, Vandenhove, Gent
- Installation of the ‘Metapictures’ exhibition
- March 26th: inaugural lecture by W.J.T. Mitchell and public event with Anthony Gormley
CANCELLED: Palace of the Academies, Brussels
- Exhibition ‘Metapictures’
- May 12: workshop with Norman McLeod
- May 18: public debate with W.J.T. Mitchell and Jacques Rancière at BOZAR
- May 19: finaly symposium at the Academy Palace with W.J.T. Mitchell (Thinker-in-Residence), Horst Bredekamp (HU, Berlin), Xavier Wrona (Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Saint-Etienne), Mieke Bal (Amsterdam), Marie-José Mondzain (Paris). Performance by Janice Misurell-Mitchell.